Simply stated, a data warehouse solution provides centralized information storage. Phynd’s dynamic UPM platform proactively allows healthcare facilities to manage and share a single, verified, custom profile on each of their providers, regardless of where that data is stored in their multiple, legacy financial, operational and clinical IT systems.
The Phynd UPM Platform Compared to a Data Warehouse at a Glance
- A data warehouse is an integration point from which Phynd call pull information.
- Phynd manages an enterprise, operational view of all providers with data from both external and internal sources; a warehouse does not have this capability
- Phynd enables hundreds of health system end-users to update/edit data on providers across an enterprise; a data warehouse cannot provide this service.
- Phynd bi-directionally syncs provider data with the workflows of provider specific systems, such as EMR, credentialing, radiology and lab; a data warehouse cannot do this.
- The Phynd Network is a national network of verified provider data that flows into a healthcare organization’s provider profiles; a data warehouse cannot provide this service.
The UPM platform manages a single, verified profile on each provider and synchronizes that information in real time to all IT systems across an entire hospital or health system to:
- Optimize revenue cycle
- Make provider data a manageable organizational asset
- Improve productivity by breaking down data silos
- Reduce labor costs
- Streamline an organization’s systems, making integration of acquisitions easier and faster
- Increase security of proprietary provider data which could be currently held in low/no security systems (i.e., spreadsheets, file drawers, etc.)
- Provide full redundant backup of entire provider community
- Extend the visibility and marketing reach in the referring community
- Offer better visibility of licensing and sanction data, thereby mitigating risk
A data warehouse cannot provide these functionalities!